Knowing exactly what electric generator should be used in a given situation is one of the great unknowns for those who are not part of this universe of machines that transform energy to provide us with electricity, regardless of the time or place.
To answer this question, we have prepared this article that will surely become your reference guide every time you need to buy one of these useful and essential electric generators to work and be able to continue with your daily working activities.
- 1 Buy the Best generators to work in 2019
- 2 Compatibility between electric generators and equipment connection
- 3 What generator should I choose for my office? wattage guide
- 4 What generator should I choose for my industry? wattage guide
- 5 What generator should I choose for public events? wattage guide
- 6 What generator should I choose for gardening?
- 7 What generator should I choose for motorhomes?
- 8 What generator should I choose according to the use?
- 9 Additional notes to discover the electric generator you need
- 10 Other generators to work you can choose
- 11 You may also be interested
Buy the Best generators to work in 2019
Compatibility between electric generators and equipment connection
To answer the question about what generator you need depending on the device you want to connect, we are going to expose a series of practical cases with models of generators that we recommend and why we do it.
What generator should I choose for my office? wattage guide
In this class of spaces you can find equipment such as:
Lighting (bulbs) Will depend on the quantity and type of bulbs (halogen, Led or fluocompacts).
As heating is one of the optional equipment we will not include it in this example, but do not worry, you will have reference information.
What do you need from a generator for this type of case? We lean towards soundproof inverter models and have the ability to work for 6 or more hours. On this occasion we add the detail of being soundproof, because we must take care of the level of noise that occurs, more when you have a group of people working for several hours and need concentration.
In terms of hours, the workday lasts between 8 and 12 hours, depending on the number of shifts or days, so it would be a very different factor. The same could be said of the power you need, because the more quantity of equipment, the greater the energy demand.
If you need, for example, to use three desktop computers, one portable, the air conditioning, router, WiFi and the printer would be a total of 1290 W, enough for the Zipper inverter generator with 1.3 KW of power.
To connect more equipment that reaches 2200W you have the option of this electric generator, ideal to work for 6 hours.
What generator should I choose for my industry? wattage guide
Depending on the type of industry you will need to use a certain type of machines, so that you have a wattage guide we take as reference the sector of carpentry and masonry.
|Chainsaw, from 25 to 40 cm long||1500|
|Emery 30 cm diameter||2500|
|Circular saw of 12.7 cm in diameter||1000|
|Sander of floors of 20 cm of diameter||2000|
|Washer / Hydrojet, from 1 Hp||3500|
|Compressor of 20 Hp||2200|
This is one of the areas where more electricity is consumed because they are machines that allow us to transform spaces, so you must buy three-phase equipment, which generate higher power ranges than single-phase. And since there are many models, always keep in mind the power of the tool to use more 20%, so you will ensure the correct operation.
Let’s say you have a group of 3 people working at the same time and are using: a 30 cm diameter grinder, a chain saw, 25 to 40 cm long blade, and a 20 Hp compressor, for a total of 6200 W of power. The ideal equipment for this work would be a three-phase power model such as the three-phase Westinghouse WGen7500DF 7.500 W electric generator, excellent for you to work with these equipment alternating the ignition of each one of them.
- Gasoline: 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts; Propane: 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts; 6.6 Gallon Gas Fuel Tank w/ Gauge (Propane Tank NOT Included);...
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock...
- Plug-and-Play! Includes Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, Funnel, Tool Kit, and User's Manual - Everything You Need to Get Started Right Out...
What generator should I choose for public events? wattage guide
In this type of celebrations or meetings are commonly used: wattage guide for public events
|Sound||3.000 por equipo|
We are facing a particular case because the required power becomes the final factor when having an electric generator in these cases. If it is a small event, where you will only be using a pair of speakers, a computer and some lights, you could have a single-phase electric generator at hand and it would be enough, maybe 3000W of average consumption.
If it is a medium event, a mini concert with 5 or 6 artists, 3 speakers and a couple of screens, in this case, televisions, you could use a three-phase generator of about 7000W and the event could be carried out without major inconveniences.
Now, if it is already a massive event, the most recommendable would be the generator sets and, depending on the number of people attending, up to several equipment connected in series would be used.
Remember that it is a meeting and not to overshadow the music or sound with the noise of the generator, you must lean on soundproof equipment and inverter, because we are talking about machines that must work with stable charges of electricity, especially if you use musical instruments like guitars or keyboards, since some overload, besides causing some damage in them, could affect the quality of the sound.
An example of equipment for events would be the Honda inverter 3000W that meets all the features we have previously recommended. If the event is bigger, then we recommend the 7200W diesel generator that is also soundproof.
- Popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, including a furnace, fridge, microwave, TV, blenders, most 13,500 BTU RV AC units and much more
- Super quiet: so quiet, your neighbors will thank you; the EU3000is operates at 49 to 58 dB (A), which is less noise than a normal conversation; this makes...
- Fuel efficient runs up to 20 hours on 3.4 Gal. of fuel: thanks to our exclusive eco-throttle, the EU3000 is offers great fuel efficiency, it runs 7.2 to 20...
What generator should I choose for gardening?
See the wattage guide for gardening below.
In this section you could apply the same principle that we explain in the equipment for industries, since the values of power range from 900W to 2500W, and depending on the amount of equipment you wish to operate, you can use a single phase 3000W or a three phase equipment of 6000W or more power.
As it is an outdoor use and noise levels do not matter much (unless there are strict rules of coexistence in your residential group or locality), the detail of being soundproofed can be left to your choice.
The most important thing is that they are resistant equipment, capable of enduring stoically extreme temperatures, since they will operate outdoors, and have sufficient power to work with the aforementioned equipment.
We leave you a couple of recommendations so you can go evaluating them as the 2200W electric generator, and if you want to use several machines at the same time, one of the models to buy would be the 7.2 KVA soundproof diesel generator.
What generator should I choose for motorhomes?
wattage guide for motorhomes
|TV 32 ¨ type LED||75|
|Laptop or notebook||30|
This time the required power is less than 2000W and since you will be in open places, surrounded by nature and other people who want to enjoy a different day, it would be more appropriate to use soundproof and inverter electric generators, to provide them with a stable electric current. the equipment that we usually use inside our homes.
What you can not forget is that it is portable and lightweight, so you can always carry it with you at all times. The basic principle of a motorhome is to travel through different areas of the country and have stops to rest.
If you do not have a microwave oven, a 1000W generator could be enough for you, like this inverter electric generator. For more power, you can buy a 2500W electric generator, which will allow you to use more equipment, you could even share it with a family member or your motorhome neighbor.
What generator should I choose according to the use?
Now, as we have already shown some examples of equipment in use in certain places, we will offer you a list of very specific uses so that you have a more global view of the subject, so you can choose your electric generator better.
Hotels: One of the basic characteristics of a hotel is to provide comfort and well-being to its guests and for this to happen they must guarantee basic services so they do not have to worry about anything or anyone. In that list of services we have electricity, one of the most necessary to start up a good part of the hotel equipment. For more convenience, opt for options that are soundproof, so nobody will know you have an electric generator. If the hotel has less than 30 rooms and you need an average of about 7000W, you can buy the 7200w soundproof diesel generator, it is easy to install and you will not disturb guests with noises that could affect your stay. To turn on high-volume equipment, you can opt for the three-phase 6500w gasoline generator that runs for 12 hours.
Solar plants: For this type of device, having an electric generator means having a backup for the less sunny days. The type of generator you choose will depend on the energy demand of the place. However, we are inclined to be some model with automatic start, so that you can program it and the electricity supply is not interrupted for a long time. In addition, we could add the inverter and soundproof factors, to take care of your machines and the health of the inhabitants of the home. Among the options we have the 6000 diesel generator, and if you need more power and the equipment is soundproofed, then this Kaiser model of 7200W is the right one.
Water pumps: Depending on the model you have this type of equipment could consume between 500 and 1300W, so you could power it with portable generators like this 2500W electric generator. But if you are looking for an equipment for continued use that works for more than 10 hours, the 3500w gasoline generator. If you are in the outskirts of the city, we recommend open equipment, with enough power to start the pump and keep it running.
- 6000 Running Watts and 7500 Peak Watts; Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 18 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20r 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock...
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP4850EH is Powered by a DuroMax 7HP, 212cc OHV Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air...
- Ready for any task, The H03651 Hybrid Dual Fuel portable generator provides power on demand. Great for camping, emergency power, work-site and great...
- 208cc dual fuel engine with low oil shut off and cast iron sleeve
- 5 gallon tank provides 14 hours of runtime. Propane tank not included. 5. 5 ft. LPG regulator hose included.
- 3600 Running Watts and 4650 Peak Watts; Recoil Start; 4 Gallon Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge; Up to 18 Hours of Run Time Per Tank
- Features One 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One L5-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber...
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All shipments require a working phone number to schedule delivery and proper address for the unit to be shipped out, or your order may be...
- 10000 watt peak power, 8000 watt rated power.
- 15 HP 420cc OHV air cooled engine
Additional notes to discover the electric generator you need
- Remember that in all cases you must add 20% of the power to the total because every time you turn on a computer, it generates a greater consumption of electricity and then levels off to your regular consumption.
- Connect and turn on each equipment individually to avoid overloading your electric generator.